Kiertotalous Design in Iittala
Trifami 3D LTD
What is it about?
Trifami 3D is Hämeenlinna-based start-up company founded in 2018, to implement a completely new construction concept. We are coordinators of a coherent service package – an ecosystem with main cornerstones being new technologies, the right partners, and a circular economy. Trifami 3D LTD produces construction solutions that also the future can bear.
- Concrete binder cement produces up to 5% of the world’s CO2 emissions (more than aviation!)
- Globally, half a ton of cement is produced per person per year and because of urbanization the demand is constantly increasing
- There is a serious search for a cement substitute to curb carbon emissions - but could emissions also be cut by recycling?
- Renovation and new build construction generate huge amounts of demolition waste, which end up as energy mainly through incineration
- The EU ‘s minimum recycling rate for demolition waste from buildings is 70% by 2020
- Currently in Finland 40% of demolition waste is recycled
- Stricter emission limits will globally steer construction towards a greener direction in the 2020s
- Demolition waste and other waste streams are found all over the world and they are often problematic for their producers
- Rapid reconstruction of disaster areas is an important humanitarian issue
- 3D printing is a revolutionary and constantly evolving technology that provides an easy, fast and affordable way to build
- Advancing the construction industry ecologically and innovatively
- Developing Finland’s circular economy
- Reconstructing disaster areas
- Utilizing demolition waste and 3D duplicating a house on site
- Bringing the right partners together
Trifami 3D coordinates an ecosystem where…
- The company dismantles and processes the demolition waste - with costs estimated to be reduced by 30%.
- The company processes the demolition waste and uses it to produce recycled raw materials to be used for its own use and sale.
- The company manufactures its own recycled products, particularly focusing on 3D printing.
- The company owns and sells intangible goods for utilizing recycled concrete.
Reusing construction waste at construction sites…
- Eases the work of construction contractors
- Reduces construction and logistics costs as well as landfill fees
- Enables production of more affordable housing for clients
- Reduces CO2 emissions
Reuse of materials
For the time being, the reused concrete material is used in civil engineering, but not yet in building construction.
Bricks can be utilized in the same way as concrete, but brick no longer achieves its previous properties when reused.
Can be used not only in 3D printing, but also in civil engineering and heat production.
Can be used as an insulation material in building construction and in civil engineering.
Construction site process
Sorting of demolition waste
Concrete and wood
Recycled concrete into building material and wood biochar for infrastructure construction
We want to develop the construction industry ecologically and innovatively by creating an ecosystem which utilizes existing demolition materials as efficiently as possible, and to produce buildings using new technologies together with a network of partners.
- Ecology - the cornerstone of our operations is to reduce the burden on Earth
- Communality - our activities are based on multidisciplinary expertise and combining ideas
- Responsibility - we have a conscience to take responsibility for both the environment and people
- Positivity - we are constructive towards challenges and always aim to find solutions
- Development - new ideas, technologies and processes enable our activities, through which we contribute to building a better future
- Equality - we strive to address challenges at a global level for the benefit of all humankind
- Humanity - we use man-made technology and ideas to benefit people
Trifami 3D LTD is an innovator in the construction industry - an expert in the circular economy, promoter and implementer, a pioneer in the utilization of construction waste, a promoter of carbon neutrality and a humanitarian actor.
- Our turnover is more than 3 ME
Customers and markets
- We operate in Finland and elsewhere in Europe
- Our services are used by private individuals as well as by public and third sector actors
Products and services
- Utilization of demolition waste
- Recipe for recycled concrete
- Mobile container solution
- 3D technology in new build construction
- Ecosystem coordination
- We directly employ 10 people
- There are several service providers in our network
- We are a major partner
CREATORS OF THE FUTURE
Our founders are united by a fearless attitude and a desire to build a better future. The Trifami 3D team is also complemented by a number of other experts in their field. You can read more about Trifami staff here.
Chairman of the Board
Construction process knowledge
Sales and marketing
Timo’s, Reetta’s and Harri’s 3D printed glasses from Tori Optiikka, Hämeenlinna.